Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday=Nerdsday - Real Foursquare Merit Badges

I have a love/hate relationship with Foursquare. Actually "love" may be an overstatement. It's more like intrigue. I do get sucked into the routine of checking in, but the competitive part of service doesn't interest me. Seriously, if you get fired up by trying to check in at more places/more times than your friends, you need a sport.

Honestly, I'm not really sure why I use Foursquare. I'm not at all interested in where my "friends" are and am sure they don't care where I am. Let's chalk it up to "see where it's going."

Anyway, a company called Nerd Merit Badges is planning on making the dreams of socially needy nerds come true. Soon backpacks and jean jackets from Washington Square Park to Venice Beach will be littered with Foursquare badges. You can also get their Laptop Sash if that's more your style.

The badges aren't available yet, but you can follow @nerdmeritbadges on Twitter for updates. Stay strong.


(via Mashable)

 

Posted via email from Ideas & Observations of John Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment