Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Sh*tty" Packaging


My wife and I gave a few rolls of ShitBegone toilet paper to her parents years ago as a joke. It was sold at our local bodega in Brooklyn and was hugely popular among the foam dome hat and wallet chain wearing hipsters in our neighborhood.

Last week, Anya and I trekked back up north for a party at her parent's house, and between vodka tonics, I re-discovered it on the shelf. I had no idea they still had it - much less, displayed it like a work of art in their bathroom.

If you're still reading this post, check out this shitastic article from 2002 featuring creator, Jed Ela, explaining how it all started as an art project. His website also claims they've sold more than 150,000 rolls. Gotta love a guy who can turn his sense of humor into a brand...even if it is a potty humor brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment